Anna Kendrick

Anna Kendrick

*Anna Kendrick
(31 years old)

9 August 1985
Portland, Maine, USA
5' 2" (1.57 m)



She was a lead performer with Cabaret's Kit Kat Club at "Carnegie Hall Live" in Great Performances: My Favorite Broadway: The Leading Ladies (1999) (1999) (TV). She also had the privilege of working with director Scott Ellis and choreographer Susan Stroman at the New York City Opera House with Jeremy Irons amongst many more celebrity status actors, playing the role of "Fredrika" in "A Little Night Music".

Anna work-shopped "Jane Eyre" & "The Little Princess" for Broadway and starred in the feature film Camp (2003) with director Todd Graff.

Anna Kendrick was born in Portland, Maine, to Janice (Cooke), an accountant, and William Kendrick, a teacher. She has an older brother, Michael Cooke Kendrick, who has also acted. She is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Jim Klein



Trade Mark*

Petite frame



Trivia*
Younger sister of Michael Cooke Kendrick.


Was nominated for Broadway's 1998 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "High Society." She was the second youngest nominee (after 1991's Tony winner in the same category, Daisy Eagan) in Tony history,

Close friends with Adam Lambert.

She has English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.

Graduated from Deering High School (Portland, ME) in 2003.

George Clooney mocked her on the set of their movie Up in the air (2009) because she was flying from and to this set to Crepúsculo (2008)'s, filming at the same time.

Didn't attend the 83rd Academy Awards ceremony (2011) because she said she had been very overwhelmed on the previous year when she was nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Up in the air (2009).

Was Jason Reitman's first and only choice for the role of Natalie Keener in the film Up in the air (2009).

Ranked #15 in People's "25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25" list in 2011.

Jason Reitman cast her in Up in the air (2009), after seeing her performance in Rocket Science (2007).

Only actress of the 'Twilight Saga' to be nominated for an Oscar, while the 'Saga' was still in production. She was nominated in 2010, between the second and the third installments in the series.

The Stacey name tag she wore in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World belonged to Stacey, the sister of the real-life inspiration for the character Bryan Lee O'Malley.

Fan of Jim Broadbent.

Now a senior at Deering High School (Portland, ME), Anna is appearing in A Little Night Music at New York City Opera. [February 2003]

London, filming Into the Woods (2014). [September 2013]

In a relationship with Ben Richardson. [August 2014]

Has the unique achievement of appearing in three big screen musicals - Into the Woods(2014), The Last Five Years (2014) and Dando la nota - Aún más alto (2015) - that are set to be released theatrically within just six months of each other, from December 2014 to May 2015. This is a rare feat, considering the low amount of big screen musicals that are made in Hollywood each year.

During an interview with the A.V. Club in 2011, she called Jessica, the character she played in the Crepúsculo (2008)-series, an idiot.


Personal Quotes*
People like to make fun of the fans who camp out but people have renaissance fairs; people do Civil War re-enactments; people do what they like. I'm tired of hearing people rage on the fans. If you don't like Twilight, don't buy a ticket.

I guess I'm drawn to... I think, even when I read serious scripts, the moments that I connect to are the little glimpses of humor, because, you know, I think every script, no matter how serious it is, has bits of humor in it. Even End of Watch is really funny. So those are the moments where I can kind of see what I can do with it that's different, and I feel like that's the easiest way for me to get inside a character's head, is through the humor, like what sense of humor they have.

[on not being part of La saga Crepúsculo: Amanecer - Parte 2 (2012)] I'm not in it, I don't know anything about it, so I'm excited just to see it, you know, as a normal moviegoer. (August 2012)

While I wouldn't wish being teased on anyone, I think it eventually leads to a kind of solidarity in adult life. The few people I know who weren't picked on in school are people I find I can't relate to on much more than a surface level. There's a sensitivity that comes with feeling like an outsider at some point in your life. I'd rather be emotionally tuned in to other people than slightly more confident because no one ever made fun of my hair.

I sort of marvel at myself. Maybe at a certain point everybody feels like the person they were when they were younger is a stranger. Because I seemed to be much more driven and focused at that age. I had the intention of being on Broadway. I am just very grateful that my parents treated me with respect... and really, really supported me.

Okay, I am happy with the way I look, but I have never, never, ever thought of myself as a 'pretty girl'. Honestly. When I read some of these scripts I'm sent and they describe the heroine as 'incredibly beautiful', I wonder why they sent it to me. I also find myself thinking that she better also be pretty damn interesting, or I'm not going to want to play her. . . I actually went into one audition recently when the script called the character 'an Anna Kendrick type' and I thought to myself 'What the heck is that, anyway?' There was another girl sitting in the room and she was so much prettier than me and I thought, 'Guys, just what are you looking for?'

I do admit that I've never been one to fit in easily to any given pattern. It's not my choice. It's just the way I am. So if the characters I wind up playing are all a bit different, it must be because that's the way I like it. Anna Kendrick is different and she's going to stay that way.

[on being lazy while filming Scott Pilgrim contra el mundo (2010)] I have an older brother and when I told him about the movie he said, "Oh, so you've been preparing for this movie for 24 years. Ha ha ha." Yeah, I'm just being me. I was SO lazy. I had source material and the REAL Stacy Pilgrim and I'm still just playing me. (Laughs.)

An actor should always let humility outweigh ambition.

I'll tell you, the really humbling moment is the moment that you get home from the Golden Globes or the BAFTAs or the Oscars, and you sit on your bed, which is the same crappy IKEA bed you've had since you were 18, and you put on an old episode of Padre de familia (1999) and you have a frozen meal . . . and you're trying not to get macaroni and cheese on your thousand-dollar gown.

I'm really glad that the Oscar stuff is over, to be perfectly honest. I mean, I am infinitely grateful - I'm so lucky - but it's been a really crazy year. You're constantly wearing clothes someone else picked out for you, delivering sound bites instead of real feelings, and walking into rooms full of people you don't know. I didn't become an actor for any of that, so it's been kind of a confusing time for me.

It's luck, pure and simple. I mean, I work very, very hard, but I don't take any of this for granted and I don't think any of it is because I'm better or more talented than other actors," she says. "There are people who work at least as hard as me and are twice as talented, and nobody's asking them about makeup secrets. There is a lot of luck to how my life's turned out.

I've been pretty lucky in terms of the films I've been in, and having a slow and steady build. I have done smaller films that a lot of people in the industry have seen, and I feel sort of fortunate that it hasn't been this overnight thing. I'm hoping that it continues to be this slow and steady thing so that I can take a deep breath and get used to it.

We were just in the recording studio for Into the Woods (2014) and Los rescatadores en Cangurolandia (1990) came on, and Emily Blunt and I and a bunch of PAs sat around watching it. It's one of those movies I have a fever-dream memory of, like you watched it when you were so little that you're not sure whether you imagined the entire movie. It was amazing to watch those two little mice get on that seagull.

[on which movies inspired her] Daniel Day-Lewis' performance in En el nombre del padre(1993) made me realize what movies could do. But the super-cheesy answer to that which is probably more accurate is ¡Dadme un respiro! (1993) , which is about a child talent agency. I desperately wanted to be this chubby little girl who sang at the end of that movie.

I love old screwball comedies: La fiera de mi niña (1938), Arsénico por compasión (1944), stuff like that. But my two favorite modern comedies are Wet Hot American Summer(2001) and Arma fatal (2007).

It occurred to me that doing four musicals was maybe not a great career plan, but when certain opportunities come along you throw the rules out the window.

As a kid I would I would dream about saving boys from cliffs - not the other way around.