Carey Mulligan (see more)

Carey Mulligan

Is a British actress. Her first major appearance was playing "Kitty Bennet" in Orgullo y prejuicio (2005) alongside Keira Knightley, Judi Dench and Donald Sutherland. Carey also played orphan "Ada Clare" in the B.B.C. television series, Casa desolada (2005). Carey has said that her passion and love for acting was first kindled at her old school Woldingham School,
where she took part in a school production of "Sweet Charity" in her final year, and where she was also a student head of drama.
- IMDb Mini Biography By: anonymous

Spouse

Marcus Mumford

(21 April 2012 - present)

Trivia 

Received a nomination for "Best Supporting Actress in a motion picture or miniseries" at the OFTA (Online Film & Television Association) Televion awards in 2006 for her role in Casa desolada (2005).
Voted Best Guest Actress by Doctor Who Magazine readers for Doctor Who: Blink (2007).
Received a 2009 Drama Desk Award nomination for "Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play" for her role in Christopher Hampton's re-imagining of Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull" on Broadway.
Was the UK recipient of the Shooting Star award from the European Film Promotion in 2009.
Won "Best Female Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode" for the Doctor Who (2005) episode Doctor Who: Blink (2007), at The Constellation Awards (2008).
Mentioned in an interview at the Sundance Film Festival that the first actor she met was Julian Fellowes, who came to talk at her school. She approached him, and he introduced her to casting director Jina Jay's assistant; at the time, they were looking for young unknown actresses to play the younger sisters in Orgullo y prejuicio (2005). It ended up being her first job.
Has mentioned that she'd like to do a play every year.
Lived in London from birth until the age of three before moving with her family to Germany, where she attended the International School of Dusseldorf.
(August 2009-October 2010) Was in a relationship with Shia LaBeouf, having met on the set of Wall Street 2: El dinero nunca duerme (2010).
Replaced Keira Knightley in the role of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady after she dropped out of the project.
Sang the lead female vocal on the title track of Belle & Sebastian's "Write About Love" album, released in October 2010.
Was originally cast as Violet in Violet & Daisy (2011) but was replaced by Alexis Bledel after she dropped out in order to pursue Drive (2011) instead.
Is close friends with Keira Knightley, having met on the set of Orgullo y prejuicio (2005).
Announced her engagement to Marcus Mumford, having been in a relationship with him since February 2011. [July 2011]
Daughter of Stephen T. Mulligan (b. 1951) and Nano Booth (b. 1954).
Maternal granddaughter of Samuel S. D. Booth (1924-1991) and Margaret A. M. James (b. 1926).
Paternal granddaughter of Ernest Mulligan (1919-1979) and Kathleen Athy (1921-1992).
Younger sister of Owain Patrick Mulligan (b. 1983).
Good friends with Zoe Kazan.
Married Marcus Mumford in a rustic farmhouse in Somerset before 200 guests, including actors Colin Firth, Jake Gyllenhaal and Sienna Miller
Mulligan wore a plain, backless ivory gown, had 8 bridesmaids and Mumford's father, a vicar, officiated the ceremony.
Ambassador for the Alzheimer's Society; her maternal grandmother has suffered with the disease since 2000.
Did not learn to drive until she was age 23, and only learned to do so for the film Nunca me abandones (2010).
Was in consideration for the role of Annabel Richter in A Most Wanted Man (2014), but Rachel McAdams was cast instead.
16th Jan - 17th March performing "The Seagull" at Royal Court Theatre [March 2007]
Her father is of Irish descent. Her mother is Welsh.
Was childhood penpals with future husband Marcus Mumford, but the two lost touch before reconnecting as adults and later marrying.
Worked as a pub barmaid and studio runner between acting jobs.
Applied to three different Drama schools at seventeen but was turned down by all.
Was originally advised by Julian Fellowes not to become an actor and "Marry a lawyer instead". She later sent him a letter saying that she was serious about it and was invited to a dinner for aspiring actors.
Was inspired to become an actor at sixteen after seeing a performance of Henry V starring Kenneth Branagh.
Has starred in two films that recreate the year 1961: An Education and Inside Llewyn Davis.
Personal Quotes
About her Orgullo y prejuicio (2005) co-stars: We were like one big family. We took over the house. It was so much fun. Brenda Blethyn (Mrs Bennett) mummied us all - when we had days off she took us on day trips to a llama farm.
(About Orgullo y prejuicio (2005)) I love it when we're a family unit, I mean we've been sort of split up in various pieces, but when we are presented as the Bennetts, in that scene where we go to Netherfield where it is a Miss Bennett, a Miss Bennett, a Miss Bennett and a Mrs Bennett. I just like that we're all together.
(About Jena Malone in Orgullo y prejuicio (2005)) I think Jena helped a lot because I have sort of leaned on her the whole summer basically, a) in my character and b) just because she is so much more experienced than I am. She kind of psyches me up for stuff and sort of helps me get in the giggly frame of mind.
(About her school) "I had wanted to act for a really long time, but other schools I had been to did not have such good drama departments. Everyone was so encouraging. You could do anything you wanted to, although you had to take it seriously. If you missed rehearsals, you were out."
(About Kitty and Lydia Bennett) "They completely relate to all of the giggling and gossiping, and especially when the militia arrive we put ourselves into the most ridiculous, lovely costumes and we just have to stand out."
I thought, 'Wow! That's why I am here! One day Al Pacino is going to ask me for a cup of tea and notice my potential. And then I am going to skyrocket!' -- on taking a job as a runner at a studio and spotting Al Pacino arriving to rehearse El mercader de Venecia (2004).
There were older men who used to come in. One guy had a red Ferrari, and one night, when I gave him his check, he signed it 'Dinner?' I freaked out! I was definitely not Jenny; she was bolder than I was. She had more to escape from. -- on working at a pub and comparing herself to her character in An Education (2009).
My generation tends to play it cool these days. But there is no room for cool. You have got to be irritating and desperate, and if you are not it is terribly boring -- on landing a role in Orgullo y prejuicio (2005) and becoming friends with co-star Keira Knightley.
My parents were completely against it. They wanted me to go to a university. They didn't know any actors; no one in my family was an actor. They were scared.
I love love stories, I love acting in love stories, I like portraying love stories. So I suppose that's the romantic side of me, but I am quite practical.
[on Shame (2011)] When I read the script, I found it terrifying. My English agents sent it to me and said, "There's this amazing part." For me, as an actor, it was sort of scary. I'd seen Hunger (2008), which was done by Steve McQueen, and I thought it was just incredible. And I'd always wanted to work with Michael Fassbender. So, I asked to have a meeting with Steve to pitch myself for the job.
[on Nunca me abandones (2010)] I read the book when it came out, and I always loved. I loved it first and foremost as a love story and about people who want very simple things from life and can't get them. Keira Knightley and I did Orgullo y prejuicio (2005) together and we've done lots of adaptations of Charles Dickens and Jane Austen, where the author is not around to tell you if it's rubbish. And so this was sort of doubly intimidating, because we had Kazuo Ishiguro with us, and you want to be everything that he imagined when he wrote it.
I'm very rarely recognized in public. I go about pretty happy. It just gets heightened around the time you're releasing something like this ['The Great Gatsby']. And then people are suddenly very interested, but for a brief amount of time, which is fine.
I think I model my life on Solo en casa (1990). I want to have crazy fun and get into scrapes.
If you're walking down the street in L.A., people do sort of look at you like you're a hooker because it's so rare to see someone just walking.
I didn't feel like I was cool enough to go to a tattoo bar. They'd just laugh at me. So I went to Selfridges. Sanitary, if not rock'n'roll.
[on her audition for El gran Gatsby (2013)] It was me, Leonardo DiCaprio and Baz Luhrmann, who was shooting from five different angles. There were four other people in the scene and Leo played every single character, jumping around the room.
I spent the first five years of my career thinking that everyone behind the camera had little notepads and were making my performance out of ten.

The idea of not having any control over what you're doing is terrifying. I was never very rebellious. The one and only bad thing I've done is have a super-heroes party when I was 16.
(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr and google) birthdays