Kristin Davis

.  23 February _
(51 years)
Kristin Davis
23 February 1965 
Boulder, Colorado, USA 
5' 6" (1,68 m)

In 1995, she got her big break when she landed the role of Brooke Armstrong Campbell on Melrose Place (1992). And in 1998, Kristin was cast as Charlotte York in Sex and the City (1998) …

Kristin Landen Davis was born on February 23, 1965 in Boulder, Colorado. An only child, her parents divorced when she was a baby. She was adopted by her stepfather, psychology professor Keith Davis, after he married her mother, Dorothy, a university data analyst, in 1968. Early in her childhood, Kristin and her parents moved to Columbia, South Carolina, where her stepfather was transferred to a university. She lived in South Carolina until she graduated high school in 1983. She then moved to New Jersey, where she attended Rutgers University. After graduation, she moved to New York and waited tables before opening a yoga studio with a friend. In 1995, she got her big break when she landed the role of Brooke Armstrong Campbell on Melrose Place (1992). She left the show after one year when producers found that audience members hated her bitchy character. In 1998, Kristin was cast as Charlotte York in Sex and the City (1998), of which she remained an integral cast member until the series ended in 2004. Kristin Davis resides in Los Angeles. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Calliope











Trivia
She moved to Columbia, South Carolina, when her father (a psychology professor) transferred to the university there. She later attended Rutgers University, and upon graduation moved to New York, where she began working in classical and contemporary theater, as well as commercials. Before her arrival on Melrose Place (1992), Kristin and a friend opened a yoga studio. She still enjoys yoga in her free time, as well as spinning and running. She resides in Los Angeles.

Was written out of Melrose Place (1992) in 1996 after only being with the show a year, reportedly because the viewers hated her character, Brooke, so much and the writers did not know what to do with her.

Her parents divorced when she was a baby, and she was adopted by her stepfather shortly after he married her mother in 1968.

Enjoys a wide variety of music, from Dave Matthews, to Brazilian music, to Joni Mitchell-type folk music and even Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Graduated from Rutgers University where her father was a psychology professor.

Hobbies include Yoga, Baking and Hiking.

Childhood hero was Gloria Steinem.

Wanted to be an actress since age 10 when she was cast in a community theater production of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs".

Ranked #42 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).

Was the only one of the four actresses of Sex and the City (1998) not to get an Emmy nomination until 2004. She saw her three co-stars frequently nominated, but finally scored an Emmy nomination for the show's final season.

She is the only of the four main actresses from Sex and the City (1998) to guest-star on Friends (1994) and Seinfeld (1989).

Best friends with Melanie Shatner.

Is a Maybelline spokesperson.

She and her ex-boyfriend, Alec Baldwin, guest-starred on Will y Grace (1998) and Friends(1994), though not in the same episodes.

Was a guest at Sarah Jessica Parker's 40th birthday.

Was turned down by Jonathan Kaplan for the role of Sarah Tobias in Acusados (1988). This was Davis' first film audition. The part went to Jodie Foster.

Adopted a baby girl, Gemma Rose Davis [October 7, 2011].

An ambassador for the poverty organization, Oxfam.

Nominated in the Outstanding Actress in Made for Television Movie, Of Two Minds (2012), at The Women's Image Network (WIN) Awards 2012.

Dadaab, Kenya: Davis visited the Dadaab refugee camp as a part of her commitment as an Oxfam Ambassador. [July 2011]

Is developing a new series for HBO. [July 2004]

Erg Chebbi, Morocco: Filming Sex and the City 2 (2010). [September 2009]

Visited Denmark for a week. [June 2004]

Even though her character on Sex and the City, Charlotte, is the first to get married, Kristin herself is the only one out of all three actresses to have never been married in real life.











Personal Quotes
[on her character, Charlotte, from Sex and the City (1998)]: She's really, very funny. I would never describe Charlotte as a prude. Maybe at the start, but that was in comparison to the other girls. She wasn't willing to do the stuff they were doing and I mean, thank goodness! I think she has some themes, like wanting security, that many women relate to. That's what's so great about our show, plus it shows the different choices that women have.

[on her character, Brooke, on Melrose Place (1992)]: Oh my God, it was awful! One time I was in a department store and, as I was walking around, I could hear women whispering: "There's Brooke - that bitch!" I wanted to scream: "I'm not Brooke, I just play her on TV!"

[on her childhood in South Carolina]: We were very rich, culturally. One Sunday each month, we would do this thing called Chamber Pots at somebody's house. A classical music group would come over and we'd have dinner. There were thirty people (parents and kids) and we'd sit on the floor and listen to this beautiful music. I never appreciated it until I was grown up and realized how lucky I was to be exposed to so much, so young.

[on motherhood]: I'm open. Adoption is wonderful. I think there are many different ways to do it. I'm an only child, so it's hard to picture the whole multi-child situation. Cynthia has two children and it is unbelievable the amount of work involved. I have the most respect for it in the world, but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for it.

It's nice to be with someone, but I don't think you need to be in a relationship to feel complete. That would be really sad.

At one point, they offered me this part to play a drug-dealing, gun-selling butch lady. I don't know how to describe her but she had like a crew cut and stuff. I was like, "Is this a joke?" And they said, "No, we think it would be great because everyone would be like, "Oh, look at what we've done to Charlotte."" I was like, "Well I can't do that!"

I am definitely not a fashionista. I can't live up to that title, I don't want to. Also, I think fashion can have a very negative impact on young people who feel they have to be thin. A lot of young actresses are really unhealthy. It didn't happen to me when I was younger because I grew up in South Carolina in a very secure environment.

I'm a hard-core Prada addict. I can't think of a time I've entered a Prada store and not bought something.


I feel sexiest when I'm naked at home, in private. God help me.

...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................

birthdays_OFFmag