Liam McIntyre

Liam McIntyre
Liam McIntyre 
(35 years old) 
8 February 1982 

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 
6' 2" (1,88 m)


McIntyre made his US television debut guest starring in an episode of the award nominated HBO mini-series The Pacific. After his 2010 diagnosis of Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, original Spartacus lead actor Andy Whitfield took what was intended to be a temporary break from filming the title role for the Starz television series. Whitfield later withdrew from the role entirely when his cancer recurred, prior to his death. He was then replaced by McIntyre, who performed the title role for the remaining two seasons. Production on the second season of Spartacus resumed in the fall of 2011 and the series premiered on 27 January 2012. - IMDb Mini Biography By: scaryofmonsters




Spouse

Erin Hasan (5 January 2014 - present) 




Trivia
Took over the role of Spartacus in the Starz hit series after Andy Whitfield's cancer came back. He had such a strong audition (despite being underweight) that Andy Whitfield gave his personal blessing for him to take over the role.

Lives in Los Angeles with Spartacus co-star Todd Lasance.

Wedding to Erin Hasan was attended by Spartacus co-stars, including roommate Todd Lasance (Caesar).

Personal Quotes (9)
When asked during Comic Con about taking over the title role of Spartacus- It's a really unique challenge. It's been a great privilege, a great honor, a great responsibility as you guys know. Um, how do you answer that question? It's hard because you wish it was never there you know? You wish you couldn't have that opportunity because I was a fan - it's the weirdest thing. I would've been sitting down there you know(points toward the crowd)? I mean, the show's amazing and all the sudden I find myself sitting up here so if I think about it- the best thing I can do is - I mean, everyone can agree that Andy in season one is amazing and the best thing I can do is bust my ass and work really damn hard honoring that legacy and trying to make season two as amazing and exciting as season one and that's all I can do.

During panel at Comic Con about Andy personally suggesting him for the role- I don't know if that's exactly what happened, um I've spoken to Andy, he's a wonderful, wonderful gentleman and as I understand it, Andy did call up and say that he wanted the show to continue because obviously, they would've plugged the plug when something like that [illness) happens and he gave his blessing to the show and obviously, I'm very grateful for that. It's a big thing to do you know? It makes my job easier knowing the guy that started the whole thing is okay with it and that means a lot to me.

[to a fan who asked for a picture while Liam was giving an interview before the Comic Con panel] You're my first picture!

As Spartacus, I try to contain the nerdy side of me which is a challenge.

I don't like losing.

I don't like failing at anything.

Every actor dreams of getting a big break, a big opportunity.

I've always been stubborn.

As a younger actor, my motivation may have been 'Do you want that job or don't you?' Now it's 'Do you want to look like crap on film?'