Olivia Wilde (info)

Olivia Wilde
Actress and activist Olivia Wilde is a modern-day renaissance woman. Starring in films and popular television shows, Wilde shares the screen with renowned actors while simultaneously giving back to the community.

Olivia Wilde was born Olivia Jane Cockburn in New York City, to journalists Leslie Cockburn (née Leslie Corkill Redlich) and Andrew Cockburn. Her father is from an upper-class British family and her mother is American-born; her recent ancestry includes English, Scottish, German, Irish, and Manx. Olivia was raised in Washington, D.C., and went to school there, as well as at Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, from which she graduated in 2002. Her father was born in England and later became an Irish citizen, giving Olivia dual American and Irish nationality, and facilitating her brief study at the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin, Ireland. After appearing in the short-lived Fox television series Skin (2003), she made her Hollywood debut in La vecina de al lado(2004) and then came to public notice in O.C. (2003), but it was as Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley in House (2004) that she achieved international stardom. She has since starred or co-starred in the films Tron: Legacy (2010), Cowboys & Aliens (2011), In Time (2011),Así somos (2012) and El ladrón de palabras (2012).

Wilde's 2010s film credits include the star-studded Third Person, the Oscar-winning drama Her and critically-acclaimed and Golden Globe-nominated Rush. Wilde also produced and starred in the indie comedy Drinking Buddies.

In 2013, Wilde launched the philanthropic company Conscious Commerce, with the mission to create a guide for conscious living by promoting the causes, brands, people and lifestyles that are forging a new paragon of living. In line with the Conscious Commerce mission, Wilde also recently signed on to be the face of H&M's latest Conscious Exclusive Collection, which is made completely using organic and recycled materials. She is also a board member of Artists For Peace and Justice and sits on the foundation board of the ACLU of Southern California.

In 2015, Wilde produced and starred in the drama Meadowland, which premiered at the year's Tribeca Film Festival. Wilde earned rave reviews for her emotionally charged performance as a mother coping with the heartbreak following her young son's disappearance. Up next for Wilde is the holiday comedy Love The Coopers. The film, which features an ensemble cast, follows the exasperated members of an extended family who gather for their annual holiday celebration.

Returning to television next year, Wilde will star alongside Bobby Canavale in HBO's Untitled Rock 'N' Roll drama. Set in 1970s New York, the series is being produced by Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger and Terence Winter. Wilde previously starred in FOX's acclaimed medical drama "House," playing the standout Dr. Thirteen for six seasons. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Annonymous












Spouse
Tao Ruspoli (16 January 2003 - 29 September 2011) (divorced)













Trade Mark 
Her feline eyebrows

Cat-like blue eyes

Deep husky voice

Very slender figure













Trivia
Granddaughter of Jean Ross and Francis Claud Cockburn, who used the pen name Claud Cockburn.

Daughter of Andrew Cockburn and Leslie Cockburn.

Attended Georgetown Day School in Washington, D.C., through 8th grade.

Ex-sister-in-law of Bartolomeo Ruspoli and Aileen Getty.

Ex-daughter-in-law of Dado Ruspoli, 9th Prince of Cerveteri and Debra Berger.

Attended the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin, Ireland.

Spent one month on the set of La vecina de al lado (2004) before being asked to join the cast.

Raised in Washington, D.C.

Attended and graduated from Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts.

Has a dog named Paco who, as of July 26, 2006, is the new mascot for Old Navy.

Best friends with Patrick Fugit and Megalyn Echikunwoke.

Won Best Actress at HBO's US Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado for her role inSuperfrikis (2006).

Ranked #95 on the 2006 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

Has dual originary citizenship between Ireland and the United States.

Eloped with her high school boyfriend, Tao Ruspoli, and they were married on a bus in Washington, D.C. when she was age 18. As of 2011, she is separated and seeking divorce.

Once won a pancake eating contest while in Australia.

Ranked #15 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2011 list, after being ranked #1 in 2009. Previously, she had been rated #97 in 2008 and #61 in 2005.

Is the 20th great-granddaughter of King Edward VII.

Is a vegan.

Olivia's father was born in London, England, grew up in County Cork, Ireland, and became an Irish citizen. Olivia's mother is American-born. Olivia's father is of English, Scottish, Northern Irish (Irish Protestant or Scottish-Irish), and 1/32 Sephardi Jewish, ancestry, while Olivia's mother is of English, German, Irish, and Manx (Isle of Man) descent. Olivia's Sephardi Jewish great-great-great-great-grandfather, Ralph Bernal-Osborne, was a British Whig politician who was also an actor. Olivia is also a descendant of Margaret Tudor, sister of Henry VIII, through Margaret's son, James V, King of Scotland.

Was rumored to play the lead Bond girl in Skyfall (2012).

Replaced Kate Hudson in the comedy film Butter (2011).

Close friends with Kal Penn.

Niece of Alexander Cockburn, Patrick Cockburn and Sarah Caudwell.

A lifelong lover of classic cars, she owns a 1958 Chevy Biscayne and a 1959 Thunderbird convertible. Once owned a 1966 Lincoln Continental.

Adopted her professional name "Wilde" after she developed a profound respect and admiration for Irish poet and writer Oscar Wilde and his body of literature.

Has an older sister named Chloe and a younger brother named Charlie.

Ranked #30 in Ask men's top 99 "most desirable" women of 2011. Previously, she ranked #49 in 2010.

Ranked #5 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

Ranked #18 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".

Mick Jagger was once her parents' dinner guest at their Washington, D.C. home, and she had an impromptu brownie-eating contest with Chris Farley when, at age 10, she visited the set of Saturday Night Live (1975).

Her well-connected journalist parents once helped her get a casting office job in Los Angeles, California, hoping the experience would dissuade her from taking up acting.

Her paternal grandmother, Jean Ross, was the inspiration for Christopher Isherwood's character Sally Bowles, portrayed on film in Soy una cámara (1955) by Julie Harris, andCabaret (1972) by Liza Minnelli.

Ranked #23 in Ask men's top 99 "most desirable" women of 2012.

Ranked #54 in Ask men's top 99 "most desirable" women of 2013.

As a young girl, Wilde was frequently babysat by British writer and family friendChristopher Hitchens.

Parents were personal friends with The Rolling Stones lead singer, Mick Jagger.

Good friends with Tron: Legacy (2010) co-star Garrett Hedlund.

When asked about the meaning behind her tattoo on her wrist, which says, "All love, A", Wilde explained, "It's in honor of my late uncle Alexander Cockburn. He was a dear dear friend. The tattoo is the last phrase he wrote to me. All love, A. It reminds me to love everyone, just as he did.".

Has been in a relationship with Jason Sudeikis since November 2011 and they have been engaged since January 2013. They have a son together.

Gave birth to her first child at age 30, a son Otis Alexander Sudeikis on April 20, 2014. He was born exactly two weeks premature and named after late singer-songwriter Otis Redding of whom his mother is a huge fan since childhood. Child's father is her fiancé,Jason Sudeikis.

Was 2 months pregnant with her son Otis when she filmed her guest appearance onPortlandia (2011).

Returned to work 2 months after giving birth to her son Otis to begin filming Vinyl (2016).

Ranked #14 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.













Personal Quotes
[interview in The New York Observer] When people saw Los hermanos Donnelly (2007), they didn't know it was the same girl from O.C. (2003). I'm a natural blonde, but I feel like a brunette. I feel like people treat me now how I should be treated. People used to be shocked, when I was blond, that I wasn't stupid. I used to get these comments that I swear people thought were compliments. Like, "Oh! You're smart" -- like they couldn't believe it. (April 15, 2007)

Trying to find this industry's tendency to celebrate the physical is a waste of time. So I'm happy to play the game. But I am also thirsty for input. I'm not a dunce whose only skill is knowing how to take a photograph, you know? And at the end of the day, I think it makes me slightly less replaceable.

[on her marriage, at age 19] It was a great eight years, but it was time for both of us to move.

[on Tron: Legacy (2010)] It was an effort to get into that suit, but if I was a real astronaut I wouldn't expect that to be easy either. It's all part of the process, it's a challenge and that is what creates the rewards.

I wanted to be on Saturday Night Live (1975) as a cast member. So I went to my mom at ten years old and said, "This is what I want." And she said, "Great, well, you're going to have to go to Second City and you're going to have to audition." And she took me seriously. And I think that's what always kind of helped propel me and take myself seriously is that I had supportive parents that were in no way pressuring me to do anything. But if I declared that I wanted something, they took me seriously. And that is often what it takes when you decide to be an artist.

[on her character in Cowboys & Aliens (2011)] I liked that she is a strong character. Ella is brave and mysterious and resilient and can hold her own against the men.

I've worked with a lot of the greatest guys in the business, and now I am slowly working with more and more women. We don't really get to work together, the girls, so much.

I feel like the luckiest child in the world because I got to grow up in Ireland. In summer is when you really grow up. During the year, I would go back to the States, and all year long really couldn't wait to get back to Ardmore. I love the landscape, the cliff walks, the smell, the freezing cold water, the music. Do I sound like some soppy romantic? I even love the food. People always laugh at me when I say that. People in Ardmore would say, "Oh isn't living in America cool -- you live in a big city, you get to be close to all these things we only see on TV", but I found Ireland much more inspiring as a kid, much more fun, and the people had such an amazing effect on me, and I credit a lot of my growth as a child and a lot of my happiness with the people I was surrounded by in Ireland.

[on fiancé Jason Sudeikis] I thought, "He won't be interested in me. I'm not a contender." He was so cool, so funny - I was such a fan of his and had always fancied his speed and his intelligence. He's a brilliant actor with a brain like lightning. I thought, "I'm not beautiful enough or his type." He seemed to really see me, see through the bullshit. He said very few words and couldn't keep eye contact. He was so handsome, and he could dance.

[on ex-husband writer Tao Ruspoli] I had grown up with Tao; we had just drifted. I felt I had something to prove. If you fall off a horse, you get back up. I am not a quitter. I hung on for as long as possible, until it was more hurtful to stay. I'm so grateful for the pain and the heartbreak. It gave me the courage to leave and brought me to the great love of my life.

[on the death of James Gandolfini] James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I'm so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day.

My parents said marrying was an optimistic thing to do in pessimistic times.

Motherhood is heart-exploding, blissful hysteria.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag