Lily James (info)

Lily James (info)
James was born in Esher, Surrey. Her father is actor and musician Jamie Thomson, and her grandmother, Helen Horton, was an American actress. She began her education at Arts Educational School in Tring and subsequently went on to study acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, graduating in 2010. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Anonymous

Trivia
Studied acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London graduating in 2010.

Was on the Musical Theatre Course at The Arts Educational School, Tring Park.

Although she played Hayley Atwell's daughter in Cenicienta (2015), she is only seven years her junior in real life (this is somewhat of a moot point, as James had only played her character at an older age, several years after Atwell's character had died).

Lily's paternal grandmother was American actress Helen Horton, who lived in England with Lily's British grandfather, Hamish Thomson.

Personal Quotes 

The first Disney movie I saw I think was 'Snow White.' I loved all the Disney princess movies.

I think it's probably best to work out in the morning to get it out of the way. My ultimate top tip is to drag yourself, even if you have to roll yourself out of your bed and in to a sit-up - it's really not that bad once you start.


Boarding school in Tring was a bit of a bubble that burst when I went to Hackney to go to drama school.

I played Nina in 'The Seagull,' and I remember thinking it's incredible to see all the actresses in the past that've played her. It's quite strengthening. You feel a part of the family of actresses going through and giving something of themselves to the role.


I really want to play interesting roles, but you want to work, so it's a balancing game.

I used to go to musicals every birthday - that was my birthday present. We'd go to London, me and my two brothers and mum and dad. I think I saw 'Mamma Mia' about five times.

Mum would have a panic attack if she had to stand up and give a speech around a table.

I treated myself to a £700 Chloe bag after one of my first acting jobs. Then my friends pointed out that, for the same money, I could buy a flight to India. So I took it back.

It's so hard coming out of drama school to claim your right to be taken seriously and even get auditions.

The world of the flapper - live free, wild and young - that energy is intoxicating. It's nice to inject that into the more controlled 'Downton' way of living.

My mom passed down to me her old Levi's denim jacket. When I left it on a plane, I was devastated. I've never been able to find anything with quite the same cool, faded look.

I love clothes but it's a struggle for me to get out of jeans and a baggy jumper.

My first paid role was my first job out of drama school, which was 'Just William.' It was a BBC TV show. I played Ethel.

I don't like seeing celebs looking too skinny, I love it when they look healthy and comfortable in their bodies and embrace their curves.
When people feel good, they look good.

It took me a while to warm to the '20s costumes on 'Downton.' I love it when women accentuate their curves, and that era was all about hiding them. The shapes they wore then were in tune with female empowerment. Cutting off their hair and hiding their busts was a way of saying, 'We're equal to men!'
_
_