Rose Byrne

Rose Byrne
Rose Byrne

(37th anniversary)
24 July 1979 
Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 
5' 6¼" (1,68 m)


She landed her first role in a movie, Dallas Doll (1994), when she was 15 years old.

Since then, Rose has appeared in a variety of Australian televisions shows including Los rompecorazones (1994), Echo Point (1995), and the film Two Hands (1999) alongside Heath Ledger. After this, she appeared in various movies like The Date (1999), My Mother Frank (2000), and Clara Law's The Goddess of 1967 (2000) for which she obtained the Female Volpi Cup at the Venice Festival in 2000.

Her first experience on a big-budget movie came when she played handmaiden, Dormé, to Natalie Portman, Padmé Amidala, in Star Wars: Episodio II - El ataque de los clones(2002). In 2003, she starred, coincidentally, as Rose Mortmain in the adaptation of Dodie Smith's El castillo soñado (2003). In 2004, she acted in Obsesión (2004) with Diane Kruger and Josh Hartnett. Here, she heard Wolfgang Petersen was looking for an actress for Briseis in his next movie Troya (2004) with Brad Pitt, she got the part and was recognised as one of the most promising actresses in Hollywood.

After Troya (2004), she played Edith in a TV adaptation of Casanova (2005). In September 2005, she started to act in Sunshine (2007), a Danny Boyle movie, where she plays the pilot in a space mission. - IMDb Mini Biography By: nadine







Trade Mark
Brown Eyes

Auburn Hair







Trivia
Left Los Angeles and moved to London where she owns a house with her sister.

In 2004, she and Diane Kruger played the two female leads in both movies Obsesión(2004) and Troya (2004).

Is of Scottish and Irish descent.

Was originally tipped to play "Helen" in Troya (2004) but it was the character "Briseis" that Rose felt affinity for.

Ranked #16 on FHM's Sexiest women in the world, Australian edition. (2006)

Best friends with fellow Australian actress Nadia Townsend since they both were 8 years old.

Father: Robin, mother: Jane, brother: George, born 1976, sisters: Alice, born 1973 and Lucy, born 1972.

She and her María Antonieta (2006) director, Sofia Coppola, have both played handmaidens in the Star Wars prequels. Sofia Coppola appeared in Episode I, Byrne in Episode II.

Favorite artistes include: Pat Benatar, Bob Marley, Fleet Foxes, Ryan Adams, Elvis Presleyand Fleetwood Mac. She describes herself as having a wide taste in music.

She studied drama at Sydney's Australian Theatre for Young People and later at David Mamet Acting School, in New York.

Her hobbies include yoga, swimming, bicycle riding, crosswords, and reading.

Named in the Most Beautiful People of 2007 list in Who Magazine.

Was considered for the lead role in Jane Campion's Holy Smoke (1999) (the part went to Kate Winslet).

Favorite actor is Jack Nicholson.

Ranked #9 on FHM's Sexiest women in the world, Australian edition. (2001)

Ranked #5 in Hallmark Channel's TV's sexiest leading woman poll. (2008)

Favorite actresses include Susan Sarandon, Toni Collette, Cate Blanchett, Glenn Close, Juliette Binoche and Judy Davis.

Good friends with fellow Australian actresses Krew Boylan, Abbie Cornish and Pia Miranda.

While her mother is atheist, she and her father describe themselves as agnostic.

Attended the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in NYC.

Was in a relationship with Brendan Cowell from 2003 until 2010.

Named as Women of GQ.

Is a fan of Kylie Minogue.

Ranked as having one of the most "Beautiful Famous Faces" by "The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World." She was ranked #15 in 2010, #1 in 2009, #8 in 2008, #5 in 2007, #7 in 2006, #3 in 2005, and #15 in 2004.

Voted #78 on Ask men's Top 99 'most desirable' woman of 2012 list.

Good friends with actress Glenn Close.

In 2013, she became a hot commodity during casting season. She attracted virtually every female lead role for several TV pilots, including offers from the networks ABC, NBC and CBS.

Has been in a relationship with actor Bobby Cannavale since December 2012.

Did her own singing in Todo sobre mi desmadre (2010).

Born 10:16 am on a Tuesday.







Personal Quotes
I don't take it seriously. Because I'm the one living my life. I mean, I've got this tiny part in this big Brad Pitt movie, and everyone here thinks I'm playing Sally to Brad Pitt's Harry. I'm not, and I'm constantly having to say that." - On being labeled the next 'big thing'.

That was easy, I just stood by Natalie Portman looking very serious. - On her role in Star Wars: Episodio II - El ataque de los clones (2002).

I think its important to keep an element of fear about yourself because it makes you appreciate the jobs.

I did audition for Home and Away (1988), but they never called me back. I feel I escaped in a way.

''I used to drive, pretty pathetically, I'd just drive by their house all the time and they didn't know who I was. I'd just drive by the house all the time. I once knocked on the window and I thought, "What am I doing? What am I going to say if they come to the door and don't know who I am?" On her most dreadful crush.

I guess you can get to a level where you choose. I guess when you reach that point maybe you start making decisions about whether you want to be a leading man or woman. I'm not at that point at all. Where I am now, you're very much at everybody else's mercy. You have no control over your career in a lot of ways. It's just important to know what your own goals are, because that's empowering."

I'm starting to know how the world works a bit, and I'm learning more and more that the only thing that matters is what happens between 'action' and 'cut'. I'm allowing myself to be a bit more selfish, for want of a better word, just that it's OK to focus and that I don't have to be nice to everybody."

I'm probably in that next group of actors they call if Scarlett (Johansson) or Keira (Knightley) turns down a part. But I feel really lucky. To be a working actor is pretty incredible, because 99 per cent of actors are out of work. I know a lot of talented people who are better actors than me but haven't had a break. It's all down to timing and luck."

I've had some pretty good experiences on everything, even if the film doesn't always work.

Here in L.A. the standard of beauty is kind of ridiculous. I want to be doing this when I'm in my fifties and sixties and this isn't what I'm going to look like.

I think a movie can inspire change, absolutely. Art, a book, a painting, a song, can definitely inspire change, whether it's a small change or a big change but you know there's novels I've read or a scene in a film that I've seen where I definitely inspired something and made a change or addressed an issue in my life or done something cliché like make a phone call. Absolutely, that's the power of art you would call it because it inspires movement within yourself. You know it's only really powerful when it reflects on you and you can relate to it or are moved by it in some way.

I see myself more as a character actress than a celebrity.

I'd say I'm a bit of a fatalist but not as much as I was. I used to be like "whatever happens happens" and have that innate fatalistic outlook. But I think it's more about what you are thinking in your own mind that is the most powerful aspect of controlling your own life.

[Asked about What what she wants for her career] - I just want to continue being able to get roles that scare me and make me better and I think I can only grow as an artist if I do things that are scaring me and making me uncomfortable because that's the only place you'll learn anything.

I think all this insecurity is partly because as an actor you are told when you can practice your craft. The majority of actors - unless you start your own theatre company - are at the beck and call of other people. They're told when they can do their art, whereas painters can paint, writers can write, musicians can play. But actors are always the subject of other people's scrutiny and opinion. I think it breeds more insecurity the more you work because you get rejected on a daily basis, purely for who you are, and not just on a physical basis but also for your personality or origin. My heart breaks every time I don't get a part.

[on acting] I tend to spiral out of control if I'm not working. I get panicked and don't know what to do with myself.

They think I'm depressed because I look serious in photos. It's usually because I'm just nervous. But I've stopped dressing for other people. If I think I look good, that's the most important thing.

[on New York City] I'm in love with the city. You can impress an Australian with a city, but you can't impress them with a beach.

I've already started saying that I'm 30 when I'm still 29. That way, I'm already there.

[on working with Glenn Close] We're great friends, and we have a lot of fun together. She's terrific and so smart with the dialogue, my favorite scenes are always the ones between us. She's not a mentor - she's a friend, a colleague and an ally. She doesn't treat me like Patty treats Ellen!

Australia is my emotional home, but New York is my second home. I feel like myself in the city, and that's all you want from a place. It's an achievement to have found that. But we Australians are wandering people, aren't we?

I was very, very shy when I was little. Acting lets you access all those different parts of yourself to make the character authentic.

Films are like a house of cards. You think about doing something and so you sow those seeds. But it can take a long time to grow. You have to look at the bigger picture, because it's an ever-changing landscape.

Do everything, try everything. All work is noble, and each job is a valid experience








...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag