Cara Delevingne

Cara Delevingne

*Cara Delevingne
(24 years old)

12 August 1992
London, England, UK
5' 8" (1,73 m)



She also appeared on the catwalk for brands such as Moschino, Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi and Stella McCartney. Delevigne was on the covers of Vogue UK, Vogue Korea, i-D, Love, Russh, Jalouse and Style.com's Spring 2013 issue. She also walked down the catwalk as a model at the 2012 Victoria's Secret fashion show.

Delevigne is ranked #17 on models.com's 50 Top Models (2013). She also won Model Of The Year 2012 at the British Fashion Awards.

Cara Jocelyn Delevingne was born in London, England, to Pandora Anne (Stevens) and Charles Hamar Delevingne, a property developer. Her parents are both from prominent upper-class families, with her ancestors including Viscounts (Greenwood), Baronets (Hulton, Faudel-Phillips), Majors and Lord Mayors of London. - IMDb Mini Biography By: Deniz Bengi (qv's & corrections by A. Nonymous)



Trade Mark*

Bubbly personality

Eyebrows



Trivia*
She attended Frances Holland School for Girls near Sloane Square. Later, she went the boarding school, Bedales.

Younger sister of Poppy Delevingne.

Most of her ancestry is English. One of her maternal great-great-grandfathers, Sir Lionel Lawson Faudel Faudel-Phillips, 3rd Baronet, was from a Jewish family (from Germany and Poland), and was the grandson of a Lord Mayor of London (1896/1897), Benjamin Samuel Phillips. Cara also has Welsh, French, Scottish, and Irish ancestry.

Ranked #10 on Maxim's "Hot 100" of 2014 list.

Her surname is pronounced "della-veen".

Her paternal great-grandfather, Hamar Greenwood, 1st Viscount Greenwood, was a Canadian-born British politician who was Chief Secretary for Ireland from 1920 to 1922. Her maternal grandfather, Sir Jocelyn Stevens, was a publishing executive and chairman of charity English Heritage; through him, Cara descends from newspaper proprietor Sir Edward Hulton. Her maternal grandmother, Jane Armyne Sheffield, was a lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret.



Personal Quotes*
I want to fall in love, I think. I've never. I know. Everyone I know's been in love or in relationships now and . . . There's only ever been . . . there's been people telling me they love me, but it freaks me out and I just run, run. I think I'm a bad girlfriend.

The energy you give off is the energy you receive. I really think that, so I'm always myself--jumping, dancing, singing around, trying to cheer everybody up.

Kids should speak to each other. They're horrid to each other online, they bully each other--they should shut up and stop it. The problem with social media is there is too much freedom. It's too much, too young.

I treat the camera like a person--I gaze into it. Photos are a flat thing, and you need to put life into them.

I had no interest in fashion when I was younger. I was such a tomboy.

My dream is to go spend a week on some island with no phone.

I've always wanted to do a shoot with snakes--big snakes, like pythons.

If I am able to carry on modeling, I'll be very happy to, but my passion is definitely in music and acting. I would love to do what Meryl Streep is doing. Her or Judi Dench, or maybe Charlize Theron as well.

What bothers me, I guess, is when I get these messages from girls on Twitter, and they're like, "God, you're my idol, I really admire you". It's like, "Admire me for what? What have I done?" It's not that being in a Burberry campaign, or walking in a Chanel show is nothing. It's just . . . I know I can do more.

When you model, there's no way you can't notice yourself. Do you know what I mean? Because you're constantly surrounded by people saying, "Oh, she's too short, she's too skinny, she's this, she's whatever". And you're right there. They're talking about you, and you're right there.

I love to beatbox and have been doing it before I even knew what it was.

It's hard finding people you trust or who aren't going to take your money. Everyone wants to get a piece of whatever you're doing. It's a nightmare.

I love comfort. Comfort is very key to me because I spend most of my time in very uncomfortable things, so it's all about trainers and flats.

I want to make music, I want to act, I want to sing, I want to do something that doesn't make my skin erupt.

Of course, I loved Spice Girls. I loved [Geri Halliwell] and Baby Spice [Emma Bunton] , but who liked Posh Spice [Victoria Beckham]? They said I looked like her, and I said, "That's not cool, that's really mean".

I like fashion, but I love, love, love music and film; they are my two passions. I would love to pursue my acting and my love of music more than anything.

My way of relaxing was always doing the opposite and playing the drums, but I need to be able to actually chill.

If I was rich enough, I would love to launch my own record label. I would love to try and give all my musically talented friends a start in the industry.

Fame, do I like it? No. It has bought a lot for me in my career, but there are a lot of downsides to it. You give up your privacy. I did it to myself but not to my family and friends. You don't ask for it. You just have to live with it.

I've started doing yoga and meditation, but I'm not very good at that kind of thing and turning my brain off.

[on acting] That's what I've wanted to do my whole life, just act. When I was younger I loved to entertain people. I always used to make up dance routines, do little plays. I love to perform, basically.

Ooh, I'd love to be in a movie with Meryl Streep or Martin Scorsese. There are so many different things I want to do, maybe like a possessed child or an evil something . . . I don't know!

When I was really small, my mother had difficulty keeping me dressed, as I liked to be naked! I definitely had very strong ideas on what I wanted to wear. My favourite look was always Action Man and Spiderman. Now though, I really like beautiful clothes.

I'm a world class Beat Boxer; you should hear the noises I can make with my mouth.

When I was younger, I liked money--the feel of it. I would sit with my dad and count his coins and be like, "Yeah". I'd saved £700 by the age of 10. I thought, "What the hell am I hoarding this for?". So I bought a drum kit.

I love Christopher Bailey and Burberry, Mulberry for bags, and Hudson for jeans.

Fashion Week is horrible. I mean, it isn't horrible, really--it's amazing. But having to work that much every day is.

I just don't think that I trust men. That's the problem. I can appreciate a beautiful-looking man, but he's not my type.

I like a little bit of designer, with a bit of vintage and high street mixed in. I love it when you find those one-off key pieces, which end up becoming investment pieces.

I wanted to be a Disney Channel star! I wanted to be Hannah Montana.

Working with Mario Testino was a joy. He's very young-spirited, and it's always lovely and a pleasure to spend time talking to him about all different things.