Claudia Schiffer (info)

. info_
Claudia Schiffer
was born on August 25, 1970 in Rheinberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. She is an model and actress and producer, known for David Copperfield: 15 Years of Magic(1994), Die schönsten Frauen der Welt - Claudia Schiffer (1995) and Perfectly Fit (1996). She has been married to Matthew Vaughn since May 25, 2002. They have three children.










Spouse

Matthew Vaughn (25 May 2002 - present) (3 children)











Trivia
Owns the chain of Fashion Cafe restaurants with Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Elle Macpherson.

In 1990 and 1991 she was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.

In 1993 she met magician David Copperfield at a Berlin celebrity gala, and in January 1994 they became engaged. During this engagement, she sometimes used to appear in his stage shows as a special guest assistant in a number of illusions: first he would levitate her high in the air before making her vanish and reappear, then he would use a large guillotine to behead her. Finally, he would saw her in half inside a glass-sided box in what has sometimes been voted by other magicians as one of the most baffling versions of the sawing in half ever performed. Claudia also appeared in David Copperfield: 15 Years of Magic (1994), a documentary in which she played the role of a reporter interviewing Copperfield in his Magic Warehouse. After a six-year engagement, in September 1999 they announced their separation.

She is a spokeswoman for the fight against breast cancer. Moreover she is a member of UNICEF since 1997 and ambassadress since 2006.

After engagement with magician David Copperfield she was engaged to Green Shields Stamp heir and playboy Tim Jeffries until 2000.

By the end of 2001 she was engaged to producer Matthew Vaughn until marriage in 2002. They had 3 children: Caspar Matthew (born on January 30th, 2003), Clementine Poppy (born on November 11th, 2004) and Cosima Violet (born on May 14th, 2010). During her first pregnancy she had a craving for curry.

Presented Prince William Windsor with a polo trophy in 2002.

Is fluent in French.

She loves Prada and the dogs, especially German Shepherds.

She was ranked #5 in Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel". The others are Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington.

Holds the record for the supermodel with the most magazine covers, gracing over 1000. Her record is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.

After being discovered in a Düsseldorf night club at the age of 17, she went to Paris and started modeling for Chanel, where she became Karl Lagerfeld's favorite model.

June 1992: At the personal request of Sting, she participated in the "Rhythm Of Life Fashion Charity Gala" at London's Grosvenor Hotel, to raise money for the Rainforest Foundation alongside the world's top models including Kylie Minogue, Yasmin Le Bon and Naomi Campbell.

Has a home near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk.

She is the firstborn of Gudrun Schiffer, a housewife, and Heinz Schiffer, a lawyer. She has a sister named Ann Carolin and 2 brothers named Stefan and Andreas. Their father Heinz died on July 24th, 2007.

When she signed up to front the Autumn/Winter 2006 Accessorize advertising campaign, her contract included an additional payment to cover her getting her ears pierced for the first time in her life.

Was the first model to wear Victoria's Secret famous million dollar 'Fantasy Bra'. [1996].

In the issue of September 2008 of Vanity Fair magazine she appeared semi-naked alongside supermodels Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Stephanie Seymour and Christy Turlington. The pictorial covered pages 182 through 193. The photo shoot was conducted by Mario Testino, whose career was launched when Evangelista commissioned him to photograph her for the cover of a German issue of Vogue magazine.

Since getting her ears pierced in 2006, her favorite earrings have been a pair of diamond studs given to her by her husband.

Although she continues to be known as Claudia Schiffer for professional purposes she has, according to papers filed in the UK as part of 2003 legal proceedings against a man accused of stalking her, officially taken her husband's name. As a result, her full legal name is now Claudia de Vere Drummond.











Personal Quotes
I know one day I'll be considered too old. I think 40-year-old women actually look more healthy and fit than some girls in their 20s. I've met women who have way better bodies in their 40s because they've been working on them for all these years.

I actually don't meet very many men because they are, I guess, afraid to approach me or think that I'm from another planet. - on turning 30, to the German magazine Stern

(on turning down appearing in Playboy in the nude): "It's not that I'm against nudity. I'm German, I'm very open, in Germany they lay in the park naked. It's just the principle."

I always wanted to be less tall. When I was at school I was the same height as all of my girlfriends and then suddenly I was turning 12 and almost overnight I got really tall. I became the height I am now from one day to another... and everyone else stayed short. Boys don't want to be seen with a girl that is taller than them. It was totally isolating because I was different from my friends.

I used to work every single day and travel round the world. I worked weekends, I never took one second off. When I met my husband I said, "You know what, this is important. I'm not going to work weekends any more." And when I had kids, I became even more careful. Modelling work is fine because you can do one day here, two days there, you're never long gone.

I love being pregnant. You can do whatever you want. You don't feel guilty, because I used to feel guilty about having a day off. And, you know, something really strange happened to me. Before my pregnancies, I was someone who had to watch their weight.

I love wearing flat shoes, but I am not one of those girls who walks around in sweat pants and sneakers. I think I have something going on with shoes. Flat shoes. I buy them in several colors at once. High heels are for work and they have always been uncomfortable for me. I'm amazed when I see mothers wearing high heels. If your kids run off you can't run after them.

I just love to shock people. Yesterday my friend said, "What a great top, is it Stella?" I said, "No, it's Mango, £25." I'm never head-to-toe in anything. I like to mix things from Prada, things from Marc Jacobs. But, you know, you can spend several thousand pounds on something, wear it for one day and the button falls off. I get really pissed off when you spend so much money.

I love my engagement ring. It is the only thing I wear to bed!

(On finally having her ears pierced) At first, it felt a bit strange to have them done, but I soon got used to it. Now, I really love them and keep wondering why I waited so long to have them done.








...............................................................................................

(Gifs and photos: source_Tumblr) 
birthdays_OFFmag