Tom Brady


*Tom Brady
(39 years old)

3 August 1977
San Mateo, California, USA
6' 4½" (1,94 m)



Tom Brady was born on August 3, 1977 in San Mateo, California, to Galynn Patricia (Johnson) and Thomas Edward Brady, who owns a financial planning business. His father is of Irish descent and his mother is of Norwegian-Swedish and Polish ancestry. He attended Junipero Serra High School, the same high school which produced Barry Bonds of the SF Giants. He attended the University of Michigan from 1995 to 1999. He was a backup to Brian Griese when the Wolverines went 12-0 and won the national championship in 1997. Brady shared the starting quarterback job with Drew Henson in 1998 and 1999, but managed to compile a 20-5 record over those two years, including a 2-0 record in bowl games. The New England Patriots made him a sixth round draft choice in 2000, the 199th player selected overall in the draft. He spent 2000 as a fourth string quarterback behind Drew Bledsoe, John Friesz and Michael Bishop. In 2001, Brady was elevated to second string quarterback behind Bledsoe as training camp broke. The fortunes for both Brady and the Patriots changed forever on September 23, 2001, as Bledsoe was hit hard by New York Jet linebacker "Mo Lewis", suffering a near life-threatening injury. Brady replaced Bledsoe in the contest, and has started every Patriot game at quarterback since. Bledsoe was never able to regain his starting job, as Brady led the Patriots on an 11-3 run to close the 2001 regular season, then led the Patriots through the playoffs and an improbable 20-17 win over the St. Louis Rams, a 14-point favorite, in Super Bowl XXXVI. After an ordinary 2002 season, Brady skippered the Patriots to one of the greatest seasons in NFL history in 2003. The Patriots began the season 2-2, then won every remaining regular season and playoff game, capped off by a 32-29 win over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII. Brady followed that up with a second consecutive Super Bowl appearance in 2004, as the Patriots once again went 14-2 in the regular season and defeated the Philadelphia Eagles, 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX. Brady is 9-0 all-time in the playoffs in his career following Super Bowl XXXIX. In the first two Super Bowls he has played in, Brady was named the Super Bowl MVP, becoming one of only four players in NFL history to win this award more than once. Brady is 48-14 as a starting Patriot quarterback going into the 2005 season. His poise as well as his penchant for playing with incredible cool and precision in big games is drawing comparisons with the great Joe Montana, former SF 49ers quarterback.

Brady is married to model Gisele Bündchen, and the couple has two children. His brother-in-law is baseball player Kevin Youkilis, who is married to Tom's sister, Julie.  - IMDb Mini Biography By: Bob George



Spouse*

Gisele Bündchen (26 February 2009 - present) (2 children) 


Trivia*
Led the New England Patriots to the their second NFL championship in three years with a 32-29 victory over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII. Was named Super Bowl MVP for the second time.

Named as one of "People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People" (2002).

Chosen in 2000 NFL draft. He was slotted as the New England Patriots' third-string backup QB, but was elevated to second-string when the Patriots reassigned Michael Bishop to NFL Europe.

With the New England Patriots' record-breaking 18th consecutive regular season win and record 21st consecutive overall win including playoffs, Tom Brady's record as Patriots starting quarterback as of October 2004 stood at 40-12 for the regular season, 3-0 in pre-Super Bowl playoffs (his appearance in the January 2002 AFC Title game was cut short in the second quarter to injury and Drew Bledsoe finished the game, a 24-17 Pats win), and 2-0 in the Super Bowl.

Was President George Bush's guest at his 2004 State of The Union address, and got to sit next to First Lady Laura Bush.

Defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2005 playoffs, extending his post-season record to 10-0 and setting the record for most playoff wins by any QB in NFL history. (Brady's streak ended the next week in a devastating loss to the Denver Broncos which also ended any hopes of the first three-peat in NFL history).

A die-hard New York Yankees fan, he used to wear a Yankee cap around in the Patriots locker room until someone told him that he shouldn't.

Broke up with his girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan [December 16, 2006].

His ex-girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan, gave birth to a boy on August 22, 2007 in Los Angeles. The baby is named John Edward Thomas (JET) Moynahan.

Named the Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year for 2007.

Named the 2007 NFL Most Valuable Player; received 49 of 50 votes cast, with one vote going to Brett Favre.

Was in attendance at the Dallas Cowboy vs. San Fransisco 49er NFC Championship game as a child. That game was most memorable for "The Catch", a pass from Joe Montana to Dwight Clark during the closing seconds which led the 49ers to their first Superbowl.

He and Gisele Bündchen became the parents of a boy, Benjamin [December 9, 2009].

Winner of the Associated Press 2010 NFL Most Valuable Player (MVP) award, by unanimous vote. This was the first unanimous vote for this award since the AP began using a nationwide panel of media members.

Was awarded the NFL's first unanimous choice for Most Valuable Player after the 2010 season.

Son of Tom Brady Sr..

Graduated from Junipero Serra High School in San Mateo, California. Other alumni are Barry Bonds and Greg Gutfeld.

Second child, daughter Vivian Lake Brady, was born on December 5, 2012 [December 7, 2012].

Was once drafted by a baseball team as a catcher.

His unbeaten post-season streak was snapped when the Patriots were defeated by the Denver Broncos in the playoffs. [January 2006]

Won his seventh and eighth consecutive playoff games. First came a 20-3 Patriots defeat of the Indianapolis Colts, followed by a 41-27 defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers; as of the Steelers game he was victorious in every playoff game of his career. [January 2005]

He and the Patriots lost to the rival Colts on their home field. Earlier in the season the Pats lost to the Carolina Panthers whom they beat in the Super Bowl in 2003. [November 2005]

In the course of leading the 2007 Patriots to the first 16-0 regular season finish in NFL history, he set a new NFL record for touchdown passes with 50, breaking the old record of 49 set by Peyton Manning three seasons earlier. He then proceeded to lead the Patriots into Super Bowl XLII against the New York Giants. [January 2008]

Won his third Super Bowl, throwing two touchdown passes in the New England Patriots' 24-21 triumph over the Philadelphia Eagles. [February 2005]

Entering the New England Patriots bye week of the 2007 season, he had set a new club season record for touchdowns at 33 after nine games, shattering the 1961 mark of 31 set by Vito "Babe" Parilli. [November 2007]

(7 September) Suffered a season-ending knee injury against Kansas City. Matt Cassel will be the Patriots' starting QB for the rest of the season.

Debut of his men's product, "Black Stetson".

Brother-in-law of Kevin Youkilis.

His father is of Irish descent. His maternal grandfather was of half Swedish and half Norwegian ancestry, and his maternal grandmother was of Polish descent.

Suspended for the first 4 regular season games of the 2015 season without pay by the NFL for his role in the use of deflated footballs in the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts (aka "Deflategate"). The New England Patriots were fined $1 million - the largest fine levied against a team in NFL history - and lost its 1st round pick in the 2016 draft, and its 4th round pick in the 2017 draft. Brady, whose agent claimed was "set up" by the NFL and the Colts, plans to appeal the suspension. [May 11, 2015].


Personal Quotes*
Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day - it all just hurts.

I could talk food all day. I love good food.

A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don't ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren't blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.

Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast; but that mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness.

Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.

To me, if you're trying to impress a girl, get a date, they're gonna like that more because you're a confident guy. That's what it comes down to.

The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.

I'm attracted to women who are smart and funny and ambitious and have lives of their own and great families. Isn't that what attracts anyone?

Football is unconditional love.

I'm a pretty good winner. I'm a terrible loser. And I rub it in pretty good when I win.

I'm not a person who defends myself very often. I kind of let my actions speak for me.

I play a complicated position in an intensely team-oriented game.

Fortunately for a quarterback, you can play for a long time because you don't get hit very often.

All parents are concerned about their children's well-being. As a parent of three kids, I'm very concerned about their well-being.

When you have two busy kids running around the house, returning e-mails is a task, let alone surfing the web.

To me, football is so much about mental toughness, it's digging deep, it's doing whatever you need to do to help a team win and that comes in a lot of shapes and forms.

If I feel anxious every time someone is staring at me, well, I can't control what they stare at, but my reaction is, I'm just not going to go outside the house. I'm going to stay in and chill. And when I do go out, I understand what comes along with that.

The only thing I ever wanted to be was a professional football player.

If you're a quarterback, you want everything on your shoulders. You want to be the one to make the decisions.

I've had just about everything punched. I've had things grabbed that just shouldn't be grabbed.

I'm an emotional person. Sometimes I can't help it.

I think I have a certain respect for people, you know. And I guess a lot of times I expect that respect to go both ways.

I have a memory, and I can just eliminate mistakes when they come up because I've already made them.

As a part of the NFL, things change every year.

We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it's only us. And we're only responsible to make ourselves happy.

In Boston, they love their sports celebrities. And it's great.

If I have something to say, I want it to be meaningful.

I've always been privileged to play for Coach Bill Belichick, who I've always said is the best coach in the history of the league.

I'm not a very creative person, you know? I'm not really an art person. I'm not a great reader or writer or artist or musician.

I'm never going to be fast, and nobody will ever mistake me for being fast.

Life is not living in the suburbs with a white picket fence. That's not life. Somehow our American culture has made it out that that's what life needs to be - and that if it's not that, it's all screwed up. It's not.

You never get over losses. I've never gotten over one loss I've had in my career. They always stick with me.

There are times when you throw an interception and you're beating yourself up.

People want to go out and travel around and meet cool people. I could just go live in Vermont, but is that what I really want?

Nothing surprises me anymore in the NFL.

My wife and I are very affectionate.

Mentally, the only players who survive in the pros are the ones able to manage all their responsibilities. Everybody struggles in different ways.

Maybe some people can wake up and play PlayStation all day, but that's never been me.

Man, wear your seat belts. That's all I can tell everybody. You never know.

WIth football you can have up to 28 guys you consider starters, and if they can pick up the slack when some aren't playing so well, you don't have to turn those two game losing streaks into six-game losing streaks.

My job is to play quarterback, and I'm going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me.

Every man should know, if you're comfortable and you like it, you should do it. Everyone always worries about what the girls think, what the guys think. If you like it, do it.

After the first day of practice, there's not one guy who's playing at 100 percent or who feels great. Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day - it just hurts.

I don't want to wake up and be bored. That's probably my greatest fear is to have nothing to do. What better job is there than to play quarterback for an NFL team, and certainly one that I've been on for a long time and had success with? I don't plan on giving it up any time soon.

When I'm out on the football field, I have so much confidence in what I'm doing.

I always try to do as much as I can do. I'm never a person that does not enough, because I'd regret not doing enough and think I probably could have done more. I probably go too far and have to reel myself back in, which works in some things, and other things it doesn't work.

You know, watching Dan Marino and Steve Young get nominated to the Hall of Fame... those guys are unbelievable and they did it for so long. I'd love to play like those guys, but there's still a long way to go and a lot of growing.

I'm not really concerned with portraying this tough warrior - I mean, that's part of my job and I take that very seriously. But I don't have anything to hide, and I'm not concerned with what people think.

I see so many guys, really athletic guys, wearing pleats and I just shake my head. Like, Tiger Woods used to wear pleated pants! I'm like, 'C'mon, Tiger!'

My sisters like cooking at my place. It has a bit more room, and the food tastes a little bit better. A big pot of spaghetti and sauce, some warm French bread - works all the time. I think I've been eating pasta for 26 years.

So many guys are so conservative with their hair, and I always joke with all my buddies when they mess with me, and I'll say, 'That's right, keep the same haircut for ten years.' How fun is that?

My personal feelings are my personal feelings. I don't want to express them with anyone except for a very few people. It doesn't do any good. It really doesn't.

If someone lies, well, you had a choice to trust that person or not. I think the way my father raised me, well, he trusted everybody. And that worked for him.

I'm much more comfortable and confident running out on the field in front of 70,000 people instead of standing in front of a camera trying to say some lines. The people who do that as a profession are very talented because it's certainly not easy.

I think the running game is very important to every offense. Being balanced is extremely important. There's times where you have to throw the ball. You could be down late in the game, you need to come back; you have to be able to pass it when they know you're passing it.

I think that at the start of a game, you're always playing to win, and then maybe if you're ahead late in the game, you start playing not to lose. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.

I think any man who lets a woman pick what he should wear... I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere as a man. I see these guys, 'My wife told me to wear this!' And I just shake my head.