Vincent Cassel (info)

. info _ 

Vincent Cassel

Blue-eyed Vincent Cassel was born in Paris to a leading actor father, Jean-Pierre Cassel, and a journalist mother, Sabine Litique. Often labeled as a tough guy because of his roles, eclectic choices and talent have made of him a star of European cinema. First in El odio(1995), the young actor, actually coming from upper classes, succeeded to express the despair of a social class living in the suburbs of towns. This veracity in his play comes from the fact that he was in fact since years in connection with many hip-hop artists from the rising generation, (his own brother was leader of a legendary french rap group). Then the success of The crimson rivers, where he plays a young French cop alongside Jean Reno, made of him "the man to count on." He never hid his taste for rap music, break dance, Capoeira, Brasil and his endless energy, but Vincent is also a family man, married to Monica Bellucci, his Italian co-star from Flash-back (El apartamento) (1996) (aka The Apartment); and recently a father. - IMDb Mini Biography By: 4 ever vinz








Spouse
Monica Bellucci (3 August 1999 - 2013) (separated) (2 children) 










Trade Mark
Often plays short-tempered, mentally-unbalanced characters

His often hunched tall frame, which is surprising flexibility











Trivia
French citizen. His father is actor Jean-Pierre Cassel and his mother is a journalist, Sabine Cassel (aka Sabine Litique). They divorced in 1980.

Did the voice of Diego in the French version of Ice Age. La edad de hielo (2002).

He usually does the voice-over for actor Hugh Grant in French versions.

His collaboration with writer/director/actor Mathieu Kassovitz in a handful of films turned him into a popular and versatile French "tough guy" star.

Once enrolled in circus school at the age of 17 before starting up in TV and films.

Older half-brother of Cécile Cassel. Vincent also had a sister named Olivia.

His brother, 'Rockin Squat' (aka Mathias Cassel), is a founding member of the rap group "Assassin". Vincent's name is mentioned (as "Vinz") in their song "Libre".

He decided to become an actor at fifteen years of age.

Daughter, Deva, born 12 September 2004 in Rome, Italy.

The films that he prefers from his own career are, "El odio (1995)" and "Blueberry, la experiencia secreta (2004)".

When he saw the short film Fierrot le pou (1990) by Mathieu Kassovitz, he thought it perfectly represented the energy of their generation.

Is good at Brazilian martial art, "Capoeira". He demonstrates this in the Lazer Field scene in Ocean's Twelve (Uno más entra en juego) (2004).

When he was a little boy, he had a dog called Ici (French for "Here").

Met Maria Callas at his father's home when he was a child.

For professional reasons, Vincent lives mostly in Paris while his Italian-born wife, Monica Bellucci, lives mostly in London. Despite this, they have appeared in the following films together: Sheitan (2006), Agentes secretos (2004), Irreversible (2002), El pacto de los lobos (2001), Sin reglas (1999), Le plaisir (et ses petits tracas) (1998), Compromis(1998), Dobermann (1997), Come mi vuoi (1997) and Flash-back (El apartamento)(1996).

Made his English language debut in Elizabeth (1998).

Both Vincent and his wife, Monica Bellucci, have been the Master of Ceremonies at the Cannes film festival: Vincent in 2006, Monica in 2003.

Was scheduled to appear with his father, Jean-Pierre Cassel in Mesrine: Parte 2. Enemigo público nº 1 (2008). They had previously appeared together in Los ríos de color púrpura(2000), Valse nocturne (1995) and Métisse (1993).

His nose got broken while filming a fight scene in Los ríos de color púrpura (2000).

Learned conversational Russian in a matter of two months, for playing the Russian character "Kirill" in Promesas del este (2007).

Attended Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with his wife, 'Monica Bellucci'.

Travels so often to Bahia (Brazil), that he has even learned how to speak an almost flawless Portuguese.

Has his look-alike puppet in the French show Les guignols de l'info (1988).

He and Monica Bellucci are expecting their second child. [January 2010]

Monica Bellucci gave birth to their second daughter Léonie in Rome, Italy (21 May 2010).

In France, filming Sheitan (2006) ("Le Sheitan"). [April 2005]










Personal Quotes 
The day after I had my licence to drive I made Paris/Nice at 230 km/hour.

I think I'm actually more vulnerable than people imagine.

[on Irreversible (2002)] Yeah, I think that there is something saying, I say the line, that revenge is a human right. I don't think that it's a human right, but it's a normal reaction.

[on press interest in his marriage with Monica Bellucci] Oh, well you know, all European media is not the same. I'm sure that like in England, they can be much more bothering than in France, for example. In Paris, it's okay. We have very separate lives when we're working, working wise. I think that it's fine.

I'm a little angry in life.

[asked what he would do if the world was to end in five minutes] Until today I would have said, "Get into a plane and jump out with a parachute". Now that I've done it, I would say, "make love for the last time hoping that it is my wife who is at my side."

[on his wife, Monica Bellucci] Her best asset of actress - and woman too! - is not her beauty, but her intelligence. Her intelligence of people and of things. She is very perspicacious, very attentive with the others and has a great faculty to put them at ease. To work with her, I would say, to put besides any concept of couple, that it is as when I find Mathieu [Mathieu Kassovitz]: together, one goes more directly to essence. Plus, she is an incredible hard worker. She has a curiosity of cinema which is rare. She is moved by the directors, she is very listening . . . In general, I recognize it, I am interested more in the actors than in the actresses - is already well to recognize it! But her, she has something that few actresses have. A manner of exceeding reality, of making dream. I like to look at her playing...

My father is best known for his light comedies, and I'm best known for crazy bad guys with short tempers.

I love playing baddies.

[on playing villainous characters, notably Jacques Mesrine] People pretend to be nice, people pretend to be smooth, and polite and everything, but this is only an appearance because the way we're built as human beings is only in paradox and contradictions. So I guess, you know, when I read so-called baddies, I think they're more human than heroes most of the time.

The minute your parents die, you stop fighting them. I realized the more I changed my face for films, the more I looked like him. I always liked to disguise myself because I was trying to run away from his image. But all that is not worth it. You can't escape from what you are.

I feel like the so-called bad guys are never totally bad. I guess it's the closest thing I can do to reality: people act nice but nobody really is nice. We all have to balance that with something dark. How we balance it is what makes something interesting... My character in "La Haine," he's not bad, he's unhappy and usually people are like that. Most of us are angry. [breaks off, then laughs] Maybe one day I'll play Buddha.

[on Irreversible (2002)] I knew we were taking part in something that wasn't for everyone. It was really strong and powerful. When we went to show it at Cannes, I was scared and excited like a terrorist who had put a bomb in a church.











Salary 
L'instinct de mort (2008) €720.000 (720,000 for both films) 
L'ennemi public n°1 (2008) €720.000 (720,000 for both films) 
Black Swan (2010) €226.000 
A Dangerous Method (2011) €50.000

...............................................................................................
birthdays_OFFmag