Bo Derek (info)

. info _ 
Bo Derek
was born on November 20, 1956 in Long Beach, California, USA as Mary Cathleen Collins. She is an actress and producer, known for Tommy Boy (1995), Fashion House (2006) and "10" (1979). She was previously married to John Derek.










Spouse 
John Derek (10 June 1976 - 22 May 1998) (his death) 











Trade Mark 
Platinum blonde hair

Cat-like blue eyes

Voluptuous figure

Lisp, breathless voice











Trivia
One of four children. Her father, Paul Collins, was a boat salesman and a Hobie Cat executive. Her mother, Norma Collins, was a make-up artist, and hairdresser to Ann-Margret.

Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1979" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol 31.

Mentioned in the theme song of the 1980s television series The Fall Guy (1981).

Stepdaughter of stuntman Bobby Bass.

Did fund raising work for President George W. Bush during the 2000 election.

Turned down the role of "Dwan" in the remake King Kong (1976), which went to Jessica Lange.

Attended Nathaniel Narbonne High School in Harbor City, California in 1974.

Photographer for the John Corbett tour. She shot his self-titled CD cover.

Friends with Diandra Douglas, Ursula Andress and Linda Evans.

Oldest of four children: a brother and two sisters (one of whom is Kerry Perez).

Bo and her late husband, John Derek, formed "Svengali Productions".

Met her current boyfriend John Corbett on a blind date.

Stepmother of Sean Catherine Derek.

Animal rights activist and supporter of the Republican Party.

Her sister, Kerry Perez, is her longtime assistant.

Member of the NRA and a regular hunter. Close friend and vocal supporter of former NRA president Charlton Heston.

Attended the Republican National Convention in New York in 2004 to show her support for President George W. Bush and the Iraq war.

Has Dutch, English, German, Irish and Welsh descent.

Lives on a family horse ranch outside of Santa Ynez, California (between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria).

Her father, Paul Collins, was the marketing and public relations director at Kawasaki Motorcycles in the early 1970s.

Has her own pampering pet care product company: "Bo Derek's Bless the Beasts", products in the range include numerous nourishing dog shampoos and conditioners, fragrances and fur polish.

She is a member of the California Horse Racing Board.

Named envoy to Fight Animal Trafficking by the United States State Department.

Was considered for the role of Stacey Sutton in Panorama para matar (1985), which ultimately went to Tanya Roberts.

Bo Derek is the International Ambassador of the Lusitano Horse (Portuguese World Champion Horse).

She has a Pure Portuguese mare, a champion named Gaiata, which she bought in 2000.

2014 Ambassador to the Breeders Cup (thoroughbred horse racing).











Personal Quotes 
I played a definite part in it. I guess the things that I played in films and the way the nudity and the love scenes were handled were really different.

Also there is a twist to the story as I'm being haunted and driven crazy, attacked and so on. All I seem to do is run and scream and cry in every scene.

There's an incredible fascination for that and that goes with violence and everything else in pictures.

I love Spain. I go back two or three times a year usually to visit friends and ride horses.

Glorifying violence is terrible. Simulating sex is nothing - it's something so impersonal really.

'10' was amazing! I had no career before '10' and then all of a sudden I was able to do pretty much whatever I was able to do in the business.

I grew up on the beaches of Southern California surfing and sailing and I've always loved horses so it was part of my dream that I was able to fulfill to have horses.

I found my love when I was 17-years-old and my love is one hundred percent honest. We've never had any ugly, rocky things to overcome.

It's really difficult for me. Language, I am sorry that I haven't. I think I just always expected that you learn a word in place of a word and when I discovered how difficult the grammar was and learning that was very discouraging for me.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.

We were on the island of Hawaii. I think I was there three months. It was fantastic. It is not much different than films. It depends on the television show but much of television today is as good or better than most films.

Probably some of the projects I chose to do after that had more to do with what people thought of me. The industry was very open and probably hoping that I could do anything.

It's been very nice. I haven't gotten out too much because we've been working a lot but other wise the people have been very nice and I've had a good time.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag