Katheryn Winnick (info)

. info _ 
Katheryn Winnick
Canadian-born Katheryn Winnick stars in The History Channel's breakout cable TV series, "Vikings" (2013), now in its second season. Her role as "Lagertha" garnered her a nomination in the "Best Performance by a Lead Dramatic Actress" category at the 2014 Canadian Screen Awards.

Katheryn is an accomplished martial artist, she received her first Black Belt at the ripe old age of 13. After competing in the Canadian Nationals, she proceeded to open several highly-successful Tae Kwon Do schools in and around Toronto. She later trained to become a licensed bodyguard and currently holds a third-degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, along with a second-degree Black Belt in Karate.

On the big screen, Winnick most recently starred, opposite Charlie Sheen, in A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III (2012); was featured alongside Al Pacino, Christopher Walken, and Alan Arkin in Tipos legales (2012); and played opposite Kurt Russell and Matt Dillon in the heist comedy, The Art of the Steal (2013). Other career highlights include Edward Zwick's Amor y otras drogas (2010), with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway; the action comedy, Killers (2010) (in which she performed all her own stunts), with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl; and had a much-talked-about recurring role as David Boreanaz's love interest in the prime-time network TV series, Bones (2005). In 2009, she appeared with Paul Giamatti, Emily Watson, and David Strathairn in Cold Souls (2009), which earned her a nod for "Best Ensemble Cast" at the Independent Spirit Awards.

Winnick currently resides in Los Angeles. - IMDb Mini Biography By: SJS











Trivia 
Studied acting at New York's William Esper Studio.

Is fluent in Ukrainian.

Won silver medals at the Canadian National Tae Kwon Do finals.

Got kicked out of summer camp for "reckless behavior" when she was 14.

Her brother Adam is a Canadian soldier fighting in Afghanistan.

Holds a 3rd-Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, a 2nd-Degree Black Belt in Karate, and is a licensed bodyguard.

Opened her first martial arts studio at the age of sixteen, Win Kai Martial Arts, which quickly expanded to three successful branches in New York and Toronto.

Chosen by Vanity Fair to appear in the magazine's high-profile and highly-selective "Vanities" section (September 2009).

Was handpicked from thousands of aspiring young actors to be featured in the initial season of Bravo's popular documentary TV series, The It Factor (2002).

Her brother Markjan Winnick is also an actor.

Katheryn's last name of 'Winnick' means 'winemaker' when expressed in Ukrainian.











Personal Quotes 
The Norse way of speaking, no one really knew what the Vikings sounded liked, they were Norsemen. The accent is really a combination of a Scandinavian accent, maybe with a Swedish accent and an old way of speaking.

I started my own martial arts school at 16. And by the time I was 21, I had three different schools.

I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and 2nd degree in karate, and I'm a licensed bodyguard.

When I was growing up, there were times I had to compete against boys in tae kwon do, and I'd show them right away that I wasn't someone to mess with.

I started training in martial arts when I was 7 years old. I got my first black belt at 13.

I grew up in a martial arts gym surrounded by men and boys, and I pretty much call myself a tomboy.

My first car was a Chevy Cavalier. My dad somehow convinced me that it was a hot sports car because it was red.

I grew up being a bit of a tomboy, a big-time tomboy.

I was told this is a male-dominated network and the male demographic is stronger than female. This is a show about Vikings and you are just the wife. I remember thinking that was not the way I was going to play it.
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................
...............................................................................................


birthdays_OFFmag