Adam Levine (info)

Adam Levine (info)
Grammy-winning band Maroon 5's frontman Adam Levine was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He is the son of Patsy (Noah), an admissions counselor, and Fredric Levine, who founded the retail chain M. Fredric. Adam's father's family is Jewish, while Adam's mother is of half Jewish (her own father) and half German and Scottish (her own mother) ancestry. His uncle, Timothy Noah, is a journalist. Adam began playing music with his junior-high friends guitarist, rather than the keyboardist (for which he is known in the band Maroon 5) Jesse Carmichael and bassist Mickey Madden. Their first gig was at a school dance and Levine was terribly shy so he played with his back to the audience. Ryan Dusick joined the band as drummer and the alternative rock band Kara's Flowers were born (1994). They released an album called "The Fourth World" (1997). Then, he headed to New York City with Carmichael to study music at Five Towns College on Long Island. While they were there, he was surrounded by new music scenes and influences which give him whole new perspective on songwriting and singing. He dropped out of school after a semester and headed back to California with Carmichael to reunite with their pals and develop their band. He began writing a bunch of songs that were inspired by his recently failed relationship. After adding in new guitarist James Valentine (moving Carmichael over to keyboards) Maroon 5 was officially born. The band released their debut album "Songs About Jane", which included international hits "This Love", "Sunday Morning" and "She Will Be Loved" (2002). - IMDb Mini Biography By: Ozge Yilanci

Spouse
Behati Prinsloo (19 July 2014 - present)

Trade Mark 
Sensual dance moves
Long and short uses of "Oh!" and "Yeah!" in his songs
Has many tattoos

Trivia
Has known Jason Segel and Jake Gyllenhaal since kindergarten.
Has attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
Former frontman of band Kara's Flowers.
Frontman of the band Maroon 5.
Cites The Beatles (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) as his heroes.
Good friends with Jason Segel, Jake Gyllenhaal, Natalie Portman, Adam Brody and Billie Joe Armstrong.
Briefly toured with Reel Big Fish while guitarist/lead singer Aaron Barrett recovered from a hand injury.
His parents are divorced. He has one brother, Michael, as well as a half-sister, Julia. He also has a little half-brother and half-sister, Sam and Liza.
His favorite musical artists are Prince and Stevie Wonder, who he calls his 'spiritual leader'.
He is ambidextrous. He writes and draws with his left hand but prefers his right hand for most of other activities.
Broke his collarbone in 2005.
Owned a Golden Retriever called Frankie who passed away in 2013.
Formerly lived in the Hollywood Hills with close friend, Gene Hong.
Worked as a writer's assistant on La juez Amy (1999) while writing songs for Maroon 5's first album, "Songs About Jane".
As a member of Kara's Flower, he made a guest appearance on Sensación de vivir (1990), while still in high school.
Is a registered Democrat.
Was in relationship with Sports Illustrated swimsuit and Victoria's Secret model Anne Vyalitsyna from 2010-2012. Vyalitsyna made an announcement on People magazine they separated in an amicable and supportive manner (2012).
The 222 on his forearm represents door number of the very first studio that Maroon 5 ever recorded in.
Has paw print on the back of his right shoulder that says "Frankie Girl" underneath it.
(July 18, 2013) Engaged to Behati Prinsloo.
Chosed by People magazine as the Sexiest Man Alive in 2013.
Adam's father's family is Jewish, as was Adam's maternal grandfather. Adam's maternal grandmother was of German and Scottish ancestry.
Among the guests at his wedding to Behati Prinsloo were Robert Downey Jr., model Coco Rocha and his band mates from Marron 5. Jonah Hill, a childhood friend of Levine, officiated the wedding.
Good friends with Blake Shelton.
Personal Quotes (20)
I spend most of my life naked. In fact, I often have to be told by the people around me that it's inappropriate to be as naked as I am.
I don't know if it's possible to live the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and still be romantic.
[on his former girlfriend Maria Sharapova] She wouldn't make any noise during sex. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. I really thought, like a lot of guys, that she'd be the loud screaming type. But instead, she just lay there like a dead frog. She even got angry if I started to moan, said it "ruined her concentration". It was so disillusioning that I went on Paxil (an antidepressant) for a month afterwards. Really, it was much more of a shock than when I found out there's no such thing as the Easter Bunny.
Caffeine is like a really attractive girl that has nothing to say. You get all jacked up on it and then you're left feeling hollow and empty.
I was skeptical, to say the least. I was wary of the cliché's associated with yoga: spirituality used as a marketing tool or Eastern philosophy sold at Starbucks to disenchanted lawyers and accountants looking for meaning. What I soon realized is that yoga welcomes everyone - that's extremely appealing.
In real life, I am emotionally confused, which enables me to write songs. I'm a Pisces, and they say that Pisces are very sensitive. If men were just honest with themselves, they would see that they all have that side.
I'm intelligent enough to survive happily and be compassionate. If I were too smart, I would realize all the ills of the world.
You wouldn't be a complete band without a slightly cocky frontman, would you?
If girls can call us 'dudes', then why can't we call girls 'chicks'. Some girls get so uppity about that shit.
Instinctively, monogamy is not in our genetic makeup. I have cheated. And you know what? There is nothing worse than the feeling of doing it.
I can be a huge pain in the ass, huge pain in the ass. That's part of who I am and there's not a person I know who doesn't think I'm a pain in the ass. But I'm also really nice and a completely affable and socially adept person. There's a difference between being an asshole and a pain in the ass.
Before I go on stage, I pretend that everyone loves me.
[on his former girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna's mother] The tattoos were a concern - her mom didn't love them. They're culturally accepted here, but it's different in Russia.
[on his first kiss] Her name was Katie. I was 11. She asked me to take a walk after dinner. We walked 10 feet west of the cafeteria, which felt like forever. She went in for the kiss. I was freaked out and amazed. Then it got weird, once I got comfortable and started experimenting.
If I really liked a girl and I felt these romantic feelings towards her, I would literally write a song and make sure they heard it. I was so bold. It was a brief relationship, but we really did fall in love with each other and when we broke up, my heart was broken. I didn't have money or a job. All I had was a girl I was in love with and the dream of being a famous musician. I was like, "I need to turn this into something good or it's going to be a bad thing.".
I just hope this isn't the case when I'm 40. I turned 33 and I thought, "Okay, this is exactly where I need to be," and why should I stop until I get to a point where I can, and say, "Fuck this, I'm going to go play golf.".
I'm extremely fascinated by marriage. I want to study marriage. I want to learn about it. I want to know it. I want to figure out whether or not I want to do it. I'm not just going to leap into it, because that's not good for anybody.
There are two kinds of men. There are men who are fucking misogynist pigs, and then there are men who really love women, who think they're the most amazing people in the world. And that's me. Maybe the reason I was promiscuous, and wanted to sleep with a lot of them, is that I love them so much.
[on his religious upbringing; his father and maternal grandfather were Jewish, and his maternal grandmother was Protestant] Dad spiked in a little Judaism... but it wasn't the kind of thing he wanted to force on me.
[launching his fashion line for Kmart] My icon is Batman.

Salary
The Voice (2011) $75.000 per episode (2011-2012)
The Voice (2011) $100.000 per episode (2012-2013)


Adam Levine (photos)
Adam Levine (gifs)