Natalie Dormer (info)

Natalie Dormer (info)

Natalie Dormer

born 11 February 1982 is an English actress. She is best known for her roles as Anne Boleyn on the Showtime series The Tudors (2007-10), as Margaery Tyrell on the HBO series Game of Thrones (2012-present), Irene Adler on the CBS series Elementary (2013-15), and as Cressida in the science-fiction adventure films The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) and Part 2 (2015). She has been nominated for Best Performance at the Gemini Awards for her work in The Tudors. She has also been nominated for a Screen Actor's Guild Award for her performance in Game of Thrones. - IMDb Mini Biography By: scaryofmonsters





Trade Mark
Big doe eyes

Asymmetrical smile




Trivia
Trained at the Webber Douglas Academy in London whose alumni include Rupert Friend, Matthew Goode, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth Knowelden and Minnie Driver.
Enjoys fencing as a sport, and is a member of the London Fencing Academy.

Is a mezzo soprano singer.

On the basis of her performance in Casanova (2005), Natalie has a 3 picture deal with Disney/Touchstone.

Her role in Casanova (2005) was originally written to be much smaller. But Natalie so impressed Director Lasse Hallström, he expanded her part, and also injected more humor into the role once he realized how well Natalie handled comedy.

Has played the mothers of both of England's "Queen Elizabeths". She portrayed "Anne Boleyn" in Showtime's series, Los Tudor (2007), opposite Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and was later cast as the "Queen Mother" by Madonna in her film, W.E. (2011), which was based on the romance between Duke of Windsor and his twice-divorced American mistress/wife, Duchess of Windsor.

Participated in the 2014 London Marathon [April 22, 2014].

Despite rumours that Dormer is related to historical lady-in-waiting Jane Dormer, who served Queen Mary I, they have no familial connection. On this subject, Dormer stated, "It's one of these fabricated Wikipedia facts that is completely false. I don't know my heritage at all; I've never traced it! There was a woman, called Jane Dormer, in the Royal Court who happened to have the same family name as me, but I think that's as far as it goes.".

Her names originates from the Late Latin name Natalia. It is derived from the Latin phrases natale domini, "birth of Lord", or dies natalis, "Birthday".





Personal Quotes
I know people think that acting is not quite the occupation of grown-ups, but it is actually the ultimate learning process: You get a multitude of experiences, all for the price of one life.
I'm a Volver type of girl, 21 gramos (2003), films like that. On the edge and really risky.

Oh, it's fantastic stuff, all about the young "Henry VIII" and his brash, vibrant court. It's everything a period drama shouldn't be: super-sexy, raw, and violent (On Los Tudor(2007)).

Well during the first season, Alfie [Allen], Richard [Madden], and several of the men got naked -- although not all the way. I suppose it's just the rules of broadcast television, isn't it? I think Thrones has been better than your average show with the equality, but they could definitely ramp it up! Absolutely.

I love those women that I play that have sexual power. But I'm trying to step away from it for me, and my artistic growth. It's more about who I am. I'm not that woman.


birthdays_OFFmag